Testing and Calibration
The Testing and Calibration Pillar in KENAS provides accreditation for the recognition of the technical competence of a testing and calibration laboratory for a specific task following ISO/IEC 17025:2005.
KENAS testing and calibration has been established with the objective to provide Government, Industry and Private laboratories in general with a scheme for third-party assessment of the quality and technical competence of testing and calibration laboratories to carry out specific testing, measurements and calibrations. Government of Kenya has authorized KENAS as the sole accreditation body for Testing and Calibration laboratories.
The concept of Laboratory Accreditation was developed to provide a means for third-party attestation of the competence of laboratories to perform specific type(s) of testing and calibration.
Laboratory Accreditation provides formal recognition of competent laboratories, thus providing a ready means for customers to find reliable testing and calibration services in order to meet their demands.
Laboratory Accreditation enhances customer confidence in accepting testing / calibration reports issued by accredited laboratories. The globalization of the Kenyan economy and the liberalization policies initiated by the Government in reducing trade barriers and providing greater thrust to exports makes it imperative for Accredited Laboratories to be at international level of competence.
For Accreditation, the laboratories should be legally identifiable & appropriately registered. They can be a part of a big organization or an independent entity.
KENAS provides accreditation to:
- Laboratories undertaking any sort of testing or calibration in the specified fields.
- Private or government laboratories.
- Small operations to large multi-field laboratories.
- Site facilities, temporary field operations and mobile laboratories.
KENAS scope for accreditation extends to:-
Biological, Chemical, Electrical, Electronics, Fluid-Flow, Mechanical, Non-Destructive, Photometry, Radiological, Thermal
Electro-Technical, Mechanical, Fluid Flow, Thermal & Optical, Radiological.
- What is Accreditation?
- Testing Laboratories
- Health and Safety
- Inspection and Verification
- Proficiency Testing Providers
- Directory of Accredited CABS
- Gazetted Fees
- ISO/IEC 17021-1:2015 Conformity assessment – Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems — Part 1: Requirements
- ISO/IEC 17024:2012 Personnel Certification
- ISO/IEC 17065:2012 for Products,Processes and Services