Find the latest news on KENAS and the Accreditation Services it offers on the main KENAS homepage under ACCREDITATION NEWS Section. Other news items are listed below:
3Notice - newly accredited clients as at September 2018The following have been newly accredited as at September 14th, 2018
1.ELDOWAS – Accredited as a testing laboratory with the scope of microbiology.
2.Inspectorate EA – Accredited as a testing laboratory with the scope of petroleum.
3.Buffmac Ltd – Accredited as a calibration laboratory with the scope of mass, pressure, and temperature.
4. Embu Level 5 Hospital Lab – Accredited as a medical laboratory with the scope of bacteriology.1Notice - newly accredited clients as at June 2018
The following have been newly accredited as at June 18th, 2018:-
1. Traceable Measurements – Accredited as a calibration laboratory with the scope of mass, temperature, and pressure.
2. Inspectorate EA – Accredited as a testing laboratory with the scope of petroleum.
3. Mombasa Hospital Laboratory – Accredited as a medical laboratory with the scope of biochemistry, microbiology, serology, and hematology.2Notice - newly accredited clients as at March 2018
The following have been newly accredited as at March 16th, 2018:-
1.University of Nairobi (UoN) Lighting Laboratory – Accredited as a testing laboratory with the scope of LED Lighting Kits.
2.Metropolis – Accredited as a medical laboratory with the scope of hematology, chemistry, and microbiology.
3.Interdiesel Works Ltd – Accredited as an Inspection body with the scope of air receivers and compressors.3Notice on Transition of ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015
Statement by CEO KENAS Martin Chesire
Press Statement by CS Ministry of Industry, Trade and Cooperatives Hon. Peter Munya
Transition timeline showing the notices of transition to all Certification Bodies
Statements by KENAS Accredited Certification Bodies:
a) Bureau Veritas Certification Kenya
b) Kenya Bureau of Standards Certification Body
c) SGS Certification Kenya4Transition Guidelines of ISO 17025:2017
Click here for the transition guidelines of ISO 17025:2017 Standard.5Infographic data on all KENAS accredited clients
Data infographic on all accredited clients by KENAS as at Sept 2018
20171Launch of Accreditation of Point of Care Testing (ISO 22870 & ISO 15189)
Click here to access the Press Release on the Launch of Point of Care Testing (POCT) Accreditation.
Click here to access the presentation on UNITAID/EGPAF Project to Optimize Early Infant HIV Diagnosis through the Introduction of POCT.
Click here to access the POCT In Canada and at ISO/TC 212 Presentation.
Click here to access the presentation on CDC and support for POCT Accreditation.
Click here to access Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CSLI) Presentation on POCT.2World Accreditation Day celebrations 2017
The World Accreditation Day was held on 9th June, 2017 at Ole Sereni Hotel. The event was a full day’s activities with presentations from stakeholders in the Construction industry. Click below to download the World Accreditation Day 2017 brochure and presentations:
WAD 2017 brochure
- Quality of building materials and the impact on construction
- Testing of materials used for construction
- Standards: Bringing sanity in the construction sector
- Energy Efficiency Standards and implementation in buildings and infrastructure
- Globalization and the construction industry in Kenya
- Improvement in mobility within Nairobi County
- Status and challenges in the construction industry
The theme for this year’s annual event is: Delivering Confidence in Construction and the Built Environment. Click here for the joint statement and the brochure. For a version of the brochure in French, download it here.
4Public Sector Assurance Websitewww.publicsectorassurance.org. Visit the Public Sector Assurance website to access case studies that illustrate the value of conformity assessment, from around the world in key policy areas. These studies are backed up with research.
5ISO 17021- 2015 Transition Document