KENAS operates accreditation schemes to the following international standards: Note – These standards can be purchased from the National Standards Body.
1. Certification Scheme:
- 17021-1 “Conformity assessment — Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems — Part 1: Requirements“
- ISO/IEC 17024 “Conformity assessment General requirements for bodies operating certification of persons.
- ISO/IEC 17065 “General requirements for bodies operating product certification systems.
2. Inspection and Verification scheme
- ISO/IEC 17020 2012- Conformity assessment — Requirements for the operation of various types of bodies performing inspection.
3. Health and Safety scheme
- Medical Laboratory Accreditation in accordance to ISO 15189 :2012
- Veterinary Laboratory accreditation in accordance to ISO 17025 + OIE– Quality standard and guidelines for Veterinary Laboratories : Infectious Diseases
- Proficiency Testing Providers in accordance to ISO/IEC 17043
- Medical Reference Measurement Laboratories in accordance to ISO 15195
- Pharmaceutical Laboratories in accordance to ISO/IEC 17025
4. Testing and Calibration Scheme
- P. O. Box 47400 - 00100 Nairobi
- +254 725 227 640
- +254 787 395679
- Email: email@example.com